Sunday, October 22, 2006

let's get plastered!

so here are the first-stage casts of m's great big baby belly:



we love them! we think that d did such a good job, and it was so much fun! ru thinks that she should go into the body casting business with d as her plaster cutter. the top cast, the one without the arm, will go back to d, who has some sort of newfangled plan to decorate it (which she told m as a secret but would not tell ru - which is what makes it "newfangled"). ru and m will decorate the second one (the one with the arm) themselves. m is thinking decoupage. ru thinks that is fine.

i am not entirely sure why i referred to myself in the third person throughout that little account. weird. perhaps i am subconsciously preparing for the start of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which i have signed up to participate in this year. of course, i signed up before i discovered the electronic alternative - NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). perhaps i can combine both efforts...

never mind the fact that halfway through the month or so we are expected to suffer the fallout of adulthood's closest facsimile of a nuclear detonation - the birth of our child!!

shouldn't that just give me lots more to write about?

and won't i just be awake that much more to get the writing done?

please, no balloon-bursting in the comments, please, just encouragement of my delusion!

1 comment:

kidletsmum said...

How wonderful! I wish I had plastered... it looks like you had fun! And what great results!
I too am signed up to NaNo. I did it two years ago. Not last year, as I was moving continents. This year I am chasing a terrible toddler! I'll be your writing support group if you be mine!

I can't WAIT for the lemur to arrive!!!!