Tuesday, December 05, 2006

revised ultimatum

so the induction is still on for thursday morning.

however, a thursday morning induction means a wednesday night stay at the hospital for application of prostaglandin gel (softens up the cervix and gets everything ready for the actual induction).

so now, the lemur has to get things going on its own sometime before tomorrow at 5:30pm, otherwise, we proceed with the eviction!

after the midwives' today, we went to the grocery store and did a last stock-up, then we came home and i repacked the bags for the hospital. the whole induction thing changes things a lot - it means that melanie is likely to be staying in the hospital for at least two nights, and unless she remains in the labour and delivery room over one of those nights, i will not be able to stay with her. so i have arranged to stay with friends in newmarket on wednesday night, and thursday night if need be. if melanie still needs to stay over friday night, i will come home and give the kitties some love.

so this is not the way we would have liked for it to go. but we are trying to make the best of it. that includes lots of fun snacks and presents!


Julia said...

Thanks for keeping everyone so up to date! Also, I'm not sure if you have other "friends in Newmarket", but you know you can always stay at my family's place. Not only is there a spare room and a hot tub in the backyard, they'll feed you anytime you like. I know you have their number - you really should ask them if you need anything. We're thinking of all three of you!

ru said...

j and j...

i am staying at your parents place! wednesday night and possibly thursday night if m has given birth. hooray for b and j's hospitality!

kidletsmum said...

I don't want to get your hopes up, but when I first visited our hospital, we were told that D couldn't stay. I was there 3 nights due to the Kidlet's NICU stay, and D was allowed to stay. My friend J, who had her baby in the same hospital (the same room even!) was told that her partner couldn't stay and then he was allowed to as well. Probably different in Ontario, but who knows???
Best of luck M!!! Lemur, I can't wait to hear about your arrival!!!