Monday, March 05, 2007

just a quick word

... to say hello from quebec city. we are here for a week, spending some time with m's family before the annual shannon irish show, in which m will be performing, as she has every year since she was 13 years old.

not much has been going on. we went to archambault to buy music and ended up with classical music (philip glass, arvo part, measha bruggergosman, lang lang, and velojo tormis) and some french graphic novels (bandes-desinées). while we were getting our stuff out of the car to go into the store, i managed to fling a ball of sock yarn underneath the neighbouring car.

i had decided to let go of the $6 ball of sock yarn, but m's mother (oma) was insistent that if we just had a stick, we could rescue it from under the car. so i gave her the windshield brush.

and she valiantly rescued my sock yarn!

the only thing i regret is that i did not think to video tape it on my camera while she flung the brush back and forth underneath a car that was not ours in a mall parking lot!

1 comment:

Julia said...

That's hilarious. I can so see m's mom doing that, too. Enjoy your time at the Irish show - I wish I could be there! I recall having quite a good time there 6 or 7 years ago. Also, send me your apartment number! Something needs to be mailed to you.