Thursday, June 21, 2007

chinchilla, chinchilla, chinchilla

This post is just for you, Alex!

While trying to keep Signal from crying during one leg of our trip from Oklahoma to Dallas, when he had a poopy diaper and we were just trying to make it to the next reasonable stop to pull over, I broke into a round of Old MacDonald.

Now, generally when I sing Old MacDonald, he has animals on his farm such as cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, dogs, cats... you know, the regular kind. Sometimes it's a more exotic farm with things like llamas or emu. But on the trip, I ran out of animals before we made it to a rest stop. So I looked at Ru, and suddenly we both knew what to do:

Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a chinchilla, E-I-E-I-O
With a chinchilla, chinchilla, chinchilla here
And a chinchilla, chinchilla, chinchilla there
Here a chinchilla, there a chinchilla, everywhere a chinchilla, chinchilla, chinchilla
Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O

Try singing it out loud. The three-in-two nature of the repeating "chinchilla" section gives Old MacDonald an updated Latin feel. Quite catchy. The chinchilla is now part of Old MacDonald's regular animals here in the CP household.

So Alex, you'll have to give it a try with OS and let us know how it goes over. I'm kind of thinking we've created a new classic here.

1 comment:

Alex Elliot said...

I am so honored! We'll definitely have to try it. z