Monday, July 23, 2007

so not ready

This is just a lightning-fast post because I am in shock, but don't want to let this moment pass without blogging it.

Signal cannot crawl. He's trying, but he keeps tipping forward. Seems like that big old noggin of his pulls him off-balance, and his forehead hits the floor. So it's not for lack of trying, but he doesn't have it mastered yet.

However, I just watched him pull himself to a stand while holding on to our computer table. Ack. He had better not be one of those skip-crawling-and-walk children. I don't know that I could handle it.

Okay. Deep breath. I guess we'd better get down to doing some more serious baby-proofing.

3 comments:

pussreboots said...

Go Signal Go! He sounds like my son who never crawled but went straight to walking. He'd walk like this: stand up, take a step, fall over. Repeat process until he was where he wanted to be.

Now if only I could get my daughter interested in crawling or any sort of mobility. **sigh**

Alex Elliot said...

At least you won't have to worry about dirty knees from crawling! I've heard that skipping crawling is pretty common now that babies are sleeping on their backs. My 13 month old still has no interest whatsoever in walking.

kidletsmum said...

I was one of those. Sorry he can't just be a little blob like the Kidlet. She didn't move much at all til she started crawling at 11.5 months.