Thursday, August 09, 2007

blast from the past

While we were in Quebec over the weekend visiting my parents, Signal and his Opa had a great time in the pool. Any time that it was warm enough and my dad wasn't busy working on the stairs or the deck or one of his other many projects, they jumped in the pool.

One afternoon, Ru decided that she should get some snapshots of the two of them swimming. I don't know what I was doing at the time, but I wasn't outside. Later, when Ru showed me the pictures she had taken, I immediately thought of my baby picture album. I knew that there were nearly identical pictures of my dad and I swimming in Grandpapa's pool. I think that the proof is in the pudding.

Signal and Opa

My dad and I

And again, more pictures that are strangely similar...

Signal and Opa

Me and my dad

It appears that the more things change the more they stay the same. Sure Dad's hair is a bit grayer and his face is a bit fuller, but really, he hasn't changed that much. And looking at these photos, I think that Signal looks more like me than a lot of people think. His head is bigger and his hair and eyes are lighter, but I think there are similarities. Like our lips. And eyebrows. And ears.

I miss my parents and the pool already...

3 comments:

omaopa said...

Great pictures M!! Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose!! Doesn't time fly by!

We miss you guys too! Talk soon.

omaopa said...

And yes, there are some definite similarities!

pussreboots said...

I love how Signal and he have the same expression on their faces. So cute! :)