Thursday, August 16, 2007

in the interest of full disclosure

Even though this onesie is a bit big, I pulled it out of Signal's drawer yesterday and put it on him just to make myself feel better. I also hoped that complete strangers might excuse any odd behaviour on my part after looking at his front, secure in the knowledge that I was a half-crazed, sleep-deprived woman who could not really be held accountable for my own actions.

Signal has 4 teeth in his top gums that seem poised on the edge of breaking out. This is disturbing his sleep. He is working on crawling with more success. This is disturbing his sleep. And he is going through a growth spurt again. This is disturbing his sleep. So really, we're not sleeping much.

The other night, Signal drank 14 ounces between the hours of 8pm and 6:30am. 14! Crazy. And he has officially outgrown his 6-12 month Robeez. Despite the fact that everyone (including shoe salespeople) keeps telling me that Robeez are sized large. His feet just don't fit into them anymore. No way, no how.

At storytime yesterday, I was talking to a very, very nice mom of a 10 month old boy. Whom Signal outweighs by nearly 8 pounds, and towers over by a good 4-5 inches. I know that there is variation in everything, including babies. But seriously, sometimes I feel that we have a bit of a freak on our hands. The boy in huge. Huge! I'm only 5 feet tall, for heavens sake. At this rate, he'll be taller than me by the time he's 8.

3 comments:

Carroll said...

If it's any consolation, Robbiepops is already 18lbs at 5 1/2 months. He is huge! He is wearing clothes for a much older child and eating like a horse. each baby is so unique, like a little snowflake (or giant avalanche, in our case)!

Julia said...

I was talking with my mom about your little guy yesterday, and how there's such a wide natural range of when babies grow and develop. And while signal might be much larger than the average baby, I'm sure you'd be much more worried if he were smaller than the norm, or lagging behind the mean in developmental steps. And it's not as though he's not still wicked cute. Sucks that you're not sleeping though.

Also, we love the new blog format! Looking good.

M said...

Oh for sure. It would be way more stressful to be constantly worrying that he wasn't growing. But it would be so much cheaper for clothes and shoes! ;)

Glad you like the new layout. I am going to change the banner on the 7th of each month, to follow Signal's monthly "birthdays."