Sunday, September 16, 2007

MOYR picnic

Yesterday Ru, Signal and I headed up to Fairy Lake for the annual MOYR picnic. It was a fun chance to see all of the midwives that had followed us during our pregnancy and who were at the hospital for some/all of Signal's birth.

We had a lot of fun chatting with friends we had made at our prenatal classes, at La Leche League meetings, and at the MOYR office. We also met some people we hadn't known before. I did my very best to socialize and not act like a nervous wreck. Everyone was really nice though. A family with a little girl even offered us some cookies. Thanks!

Here are some shots from the afternoon. For those of you who don't know Signal's name, you will now! Check out the name tag on his hat. I'm not too worried about it, since his name isn't searchable in the pictures. Consider yourself part of the inner sanctum.

Signal and I pause for a snack.


Ru and Signal have some avocado.


Signal, Ru, and our midwife E.


Our other midwife K, with Ru and an escaping Signal.


It was a rather cold day for a picnic. Signal had on a long-sleeved onesie, a short-sleeved shirt, a fleece jacket and a hat, and I don't think he was in the least bit overdressed. I went in long pants, but was wearing my Crocs with no socks. By about 30 minutes into our 3 hour stay, I was lamenting the state of my feet. But alas. At least the babe was warm.

No comments: