Saturday, October 20, 2007

signal sucks

Earlier this week, I discovered that Signal had some mad beverage skills. While having some water out of a pint glass with a straw (in an attempt to squelch my migraine... it didn't work) I offered my straw to Signal, thinking it would be a fun distraction for a while. He then proceeded to suck my glass dry, all the while giggling at his cleverness and not spilling a drop. I myself was rather excited too, because it meant that he could drink out of a cup with a straw during meals, without having to try and figure out how to tip a sippy while sitting in his highchair.

I went to Toys "R" Us and purchased a set of 4 Take and Toss Straw Sippers. They were cheap, and can be either reused or recycled, so definitely a go. While they are obviously not spill proof, the lid snaps on tightly and they are sturdy. I'll still use our Kleen Kanteen sippy for out and about, but for at home these are great!

Sipping in his Svan.


Cute close up. Doesn't he look old??


Now if only I could get my hands on a stainless steel straw cup for Signal. Does anyone know of one?

2 comments:

Gill said...

oh i do i do know of one such cup. i saw it in all my condo buying searching...hmmm of course now that i'm writing it i can't remember the store. give me a bit i'll get back to you.
and you boy looks so much older then 10 months in that picture!! he looks like a toddler.

pussreboots said...

Congratulations! Straws are one of those things that take my kids forever to figure out. LOL.