Wednesday, November 28, 2007

happy birthday mama!

Today mama Ru turns, well... maybe she doesn't want me to say. I don't know for sure. But it's her birthday!!

Last year at this time we were not-so-patiently waiting for the lemur to make an appearance. He was a day late. We were getting anxious! Little did we know we'd have a while longer to go.

Ru has been an excellent mama to Signal in the last year. She has been patient, and kind, and seems to always have the energy to get up with him early in the morning. Sure, it hasn't always been easy. But a lot of things have changed for her this year, and she's been awesome.

Signal is ridiculously attached to her. He hates to see her leave in the morning, and lights up like a 100-watt bulb when she gets home. On the evenings that she works and I put him to bed, he wakes up at least once an hour, hoping that his beloved "mama" will come. When she is finally home and goes in to comfort him, he sleeps happily until we come to bed.

Ru is the best mama for being rough-and-tumble. Signal loves being tossed in the air and whirled around like an airplane by his mama. He likes it when she sings to him, especially Jingle Bells. And he of course loves it when Ru reads him books.

Signal and I wish you the very best birthday ever Mama!!


5 comments:

mamamilkers said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omaopa said...

Happy birthday Ru! Can't wait to take my turn on Big V, Little V. Hope you had a great day!!

Azura said...

I would have wished you happy birthday yesterday (on your actual birthday) but I only saw you for about 30 seconds. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

kidletsmum said...

Oops... at least I wished you Happy Birthday elsewhere online, Ru! Happy Belated Birthday on blogger!

I know how old you are... and I'm not saying it... because I'll always be older.

Erin said...

What a cute picture!! Happy Birthday! Did you get my e-mail reply to your comment? We'd LOVE the boots! You're too sweet! Maybe we could do a trade?!