Monday, November 19, 2007

o tannenbaum

I apologize in advance for the delay in getting this post up. Signal has a bit of a cold again and is NOT sleeping well. He was up and down every 15-20 minutes last night between 7:30 and 11:00pm. Fun! And then Blogger was having some issues. But here it is now...

On Saturday night Ru, Signal and I attended our very first holiday party of the season. Oh yes! Miss A hosted her second annual tree-trimming party. She always holds it on the weekend immediately following Remembrance Day, since she likes to have her tree up early but it seems uncouth to put it up before November 11th.

We had a lovely time. Great company, great food, great conversation, and lots of laughs. Signal was a tad under the weather, but really was in great spirits throughout the party. He managed to entertain everyone by staying up until 10:00pm! And on top of that, he had no interest in destroying the tree, which made me quite happy. I am worried about my mom's tree when we go to Quebec for Christmas. Now without further adieu, here are a multitude of pictures from the evening.

In true Signal form, he has to check out the bookcase.


Signal attempts to charm JS into letting him have some Coke.


Ka gives us her best Method sales pitch.


Signal and S contemplate the complexities of tree trimming.


A and Signal, in their pjs, discuss garland.


JS, JL and Ru looking at ornaments.


JS, Ru and S in action.


Signal helps unpack ornaments.


S and G look on.


Festive smiles from S and Ka.


While far from flattering, this picture proves I was there.


Last but not least - While at the party I took a couple of shots of Signal in front of the decorated Christmas tree. I was trying to get a good balance of Signal and tree, which was difficult because with our camera's regular setting it was hard to see the lights on the tree. Finally, I tried the night setting. While it does give everything a bit of a blurry quality, I think that this picture is awesome.


Welcome to the Christmas season everyone. It's going to be an exciting few weeks in our household, what with a trip to the States, three birthdays, and then Christmas proper. I'm sure you'll all be in for lots and lots of festive pictures. But I doubt you'll mind.

2 comments:

Alex Elliot said...

I'm so impressed that you've already decorated a tree! This year our goal is not to wait until two days before Christmas!

omaopa said...

Great pictures! Kinda gives us the urge to decorate.