Tuesday, January 29, 2008

on the mend

Signal is feeling much better today than he did yesterday. With the help of Vicks BabyRub, he was able to get some uninterrupted sleep (and so did his moms!) His nose is less runny today, and he was more himself in terms of mood too. We were able to go to the grocery store without incident, he took two good naps, and he was back to playing with his toys. Hooray! Hopefully it's a sign that this cold won't move to his chest and Signal will soon be all better.

On top of the cold, a little oral exploration also shows that three of Signal's molars have now partially broken through his gums. With the cold and the teething, no wonder he was super cranky. I am also wondering if the teeth situation has anything to do with the fact that Signal has just been an awful eater over the last few days. Supper tonight consisted of two edamame beans that were chewed and spit out, a slice of apple that suffered the same fate, and two spoonfuls of yogurt. The sweet potato and meat that I offered went untouched. Were your kids' appetites really affected by teething?

And, as proof that he is on the mend:

Stirring another purple stew.


Letting me know that this photo session is over!


2 comments:

Erin said...

Gosh, I never thought about teething affecting appetite. It might make sense. E goes through bouts of eating hardly anything. I guess I will have to pay more attention to the teething next time this happens.

Glad he's feeling better!! I hope your package comes soon :)

kidletsmum said...

Immy was unphased by teething after about 9 months. In fact, I have no idea when her molars arrived as she made no fuss at all.
I have heard from the parents of more sensitive kiddos that food consumption goes waaaay down with teething.