Saturday, April 05, 2008

kidletsmum will care

I know that many of you couldn't care less about another cloth diapering post, but I wanted to make sure that some action shots of Signal in the prefolds I dyed for him made it onto the blog. Here are two shots that I snapped of him on Thursday when he got up from his nap. He wasn't particularly in a posing mood, but I think that they still show off the cute colour.



So much prettier than the beige! I haven't had a chance to dye any more diapers, but I'm hoping to do a few more on Sunday. Hopefully they'll have some good colours in stock at the local Fabricland.

And for the thrifty among you, Ru and I were talking about disposables vs. cloth last night, and here's what we figured out. Now that we only use disposable diapers at night, we go through 14 diapers a week. We used to go through (on average) 50 diapers a week. That's a lot of diapers we're saving from the landfill! And in terms of cost, it means that we're buying a large box of diapers every two months, instead of every two weeks. How cool is that?

2 comments:

mamamilkers said...

I dyed Eloise's prefolds, too. So much more fun than boring white!

kidletsmum said...

Oh my! Your post title cracked me up! You're right. I do care. Signal looks dashing. I love the red. I must make a point of picking up some dye for my kiddos' prefolds when in Canada this summer.