Monday, June 09, 2008

heat wave

We're in the middle of some ridiculously hot weather. As I am sure I have mentioned before, I really, really dislike hot weather. It makes me hate summer, and wish I lived in the tundra. I don't like being hot, I don't like blazing sun, I don't like having to fuss with sunscreen and hats and sunglasses. We don't have air conditioning, and it's been in the 40s with the humidex (that's over 100 Fahrenheit) for the past three days. Ugh.

With the weather, we've been trying to dress as cool as possible while not shocking people when we leave the house. Tank tops, shorts, sandals. As light and airy as possible. This has meant that Signal finally got to wear the muscle shirt that Oma bought for him earlier this year. Despite his Mama's objections, I think he looked pretty cute. Here are some action shots for you Oma!




These pictures are from Friday. Signal wore another muscle shirt on Saturday (purchased second hand); Oma would be proud. For our sakes, please wish us some cooler weather soon. It's only June. Our apartment's pool isn't open yet, and public splash pads don't open until the end of the school year either. We need more seasonal temperatures headed our way until we have access to water fun!

On another note, I also spent this very hot weekend wresting car seats into blazing cars as part of my class to become a certified Child Restraint Systems Technician. Fun times. More on that in tomorrow's post.

4 comments:

My name is Andy. said...

As a pre certified Child Restraint Systems gal, can I ask you a question? Should we use the tether strap with our booster seat? ours is a high back booster seat that used to be our 5 point harness car seat, but it converts (not sure if that makes sense... I'm tired!)

I've always said yes we should, but my partner says Naw, you don't need to.... and no amount of googling has found me an answer.

And I think he is very cute in his muscle shirt!

M said...

I know that this might not be a clear answer, but the best answer I can give you is to check your manual. Generally speaking, most models of forward facing seat that convert to booster don't allow for tethering in booster mode, but again, your manual should tell you.

omaopa said...

Love the shirt!! Is he practicing flexing those muscles for Opa? Can't wait to see you.

Christina said...

How much for tickets to the cutest gun show ever? SO CUTE in the muscle shirt!

Agreed with you on the weather situation. It's 101+ today in New Jersey. Impossible to think I only left Texas two years ago ... now a reading of 80 on the thermometer gets me cranky. It doesn't stop me from pointing out how ridiculous it is that my friend T, a mostly native Torontan (Torontite?), bundles up in her parka when it's below 50 in NJ.

Hang in there and stay cool!