Tuesday, July 15, 2008

still on the mend

Yesterday we had Signal's follow-up with our family doctor to make sure that everything was all clear for us to head out on vacation tomorrow. It turns out that while Signal is indeed doing a lot better, he still has crackling in his lungs (particularly on the left side) and he is still wheezing some. Not the best news, but not the worst either. Dr. Y scheduled us for a repeat chest x-ray when we return for our vacation to make sure that by that point Signals' lungs get the all clear. We are also to watch him closely for any signs of fever while we're gone; if he does get a fever we need to see a doctor immediately because it would be a sign that the infection once again has the upper hand. I'm hoping that all goes well and we can have a nice, peaceful, disease-free trip. Is that too much to ask?

One things that has certainly improved since his release from the hospital is Signal's appetite. He's devouring fruit and cheese left, right, and centre, with a good dose of lentils and veggies along side. He hasn't been too much into meat just yet, but I suppose that's alright. With everything else he is eating he is certainly not lacking in nutritious foods. Hopefully he'll be able to regain the weight he lost quickly. It's weird to me to feel his little ribs poking out of his back when I am rocking him to sleep.


Here's some plum-eating action that Ru caught on video the other morning. That kid is such a joker. And he's mighty cute, if I do say so myself.



1 comment:

kidletsmum said...

The Kidlet watched this video with me yesterday. Then all day she was asking me for "the plum movie" and I didn't understand what she was on about until I checked back for an update and she said, "finally, the plum movie!"

How do you make the banner for your blog?