Wednesday, September 17, 2008

cooler weather

You can tell that fall is on the way. The night have been downright chilly and the days have been cooler, and my kitchen has been churning out more soup than we've seen in a while.

Monday I whipped up a batch of Buttery Baby Pea Soup. Since I can't leave well enough alone, I modified it a tad by adding a potato and a handful of quinoa. This recipe is truly one of our family's favourite soups. It's sweet and very satisfying, great with some crusty bread. Because Signal likes peas so much it's a sure hit with him too, which is nice.

Here are a few pictures of the kiddo chowing down, and then showing off his signature "Cheese!" face. What a ham.




I hope that you are all enjoying the late summer/early fall weather. Fall is my favourite time of year - fun food, fun clothes, and all those pretty leaves falling. Look out for more fall-inspired food and fun soon!

4 comments:

Alex Elliot said...

It's my favorite time of the year too. That soup sounds great! I'm trying to decide what I think of Scrabble Beta on Facebook. For the most part it seems to work well, but there definitely are some bugs. Cute bib!

omaopa said...

Looks delish! Will have to make me some while I'm in TO.

MadJenny said...

Don't you just love the delicious smell of fall too - with the crisp air and sweetness of the (for lack of a nicer word) rotting leaves. Yum. Signal sure seems to be enjoying that soup!

kidletsmum said...

Awww! Soup and autumn are my favourites too.
Signal's cheese face is to die for!