Monday, December 22, 2008

it isn't easy

It wasn't the easiest weekend. I spent quite a lot of it in a funk, actually. The fact that Christmas is just a few days away, I'm no longer pregnant, Noelle is gone, and we're not going home for Christmas has me dreading Thursday instead of looking forward to it. I don't know. I feel like I just want Christmas to be over and done with. Mostly so I don't have to think about the fact that I'm not halfway through a pregnancy like I was supposed to be. And also so that I don't have to feel like I'm ruining Signal's holiday by not being as happy as I should be this Christmas. Sigh.

In the Pregnancy and Birth Loss forum on MDC another mom posted a slideshow that she created in memory of the little boy she lost in pregnancy last year. With Christmas nearly upon us, it really hit home. I wanted to share it with you all too.

In Memory

May we all find joy in something, no matter how big or how small, this holiday season

4 comments:

librariana said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Please let me know what I can do - go out? hang out at home? just talk?

MrsJennaHatfield said...

I'm in tears, of course.

I'm sending you some strength and peace but, I assume you know as well as I do that those things come in time...

*hugs*

mamamilkers said...

Oh mamas. I am so sorry about everything you're going through.

I think you hit the nail on the head that there can be joy, no matter how small. It can be terribly easy to forget that in the midst of so much sadness.

Alexandra Yarrow said...

again, thinking of you...

honestly, it's been 19 years since my dad died (in november so close enough to christmas...) and it's still hard every year.

your prescription is mine: focus on the miraculous moments. take it one thing at a time. build new traditions and new foundations.