Tuesday, January 13, 2009

m's meal plan, january 12 through 18

Now that we're in the new house and really back into the swing of things after a rather busy/unpleasant/tiring December, we are getting back into meal planning. We want to spend less money on fast food and have leftovers for lunches, and meal planning is the best way to do that. Last night I came up with a meal plan for the week and this morning we went for groceries to get everything we need. We also got some meat on sale and froze it - it'll be worked into next weeks plan.

Monday - Roasted chicken with carrots and potatoes
Tuesday - Pasta and meatball bake with garlic bread
Wednesday - Pork stir-fry over rice
Thursday - Make your own pizzas
Friday - Beef stew and rolls
Saturday - Party food!
Sunday - A's shepherd's pie

Hopefully we'll stay on track with everything!

3 comments:

Sybil said...

I really love meal planning! I find it's soooo much easier than doing dinner by the seat of my pants, even if my menus are fairly involved on a given night. Just knowing I have all of the ingredients on hand and I don't even have to think of what to make takes away 50% of the stress for me!

Your menu looks delicious :)

ru said...

and last night, ak and i even packed our work snacks to go with the lunches you had already so lovingly prepared. the start of something new? or a random one-time occurrence? only time will tell!

Alex Elliot said...

That looks good! I try to plan meals every week and for the most part it usually works. I've found it's more successful for me if I have some frozen pizzas etc just in case no one feels like cooking.

I checked out the scarf pattern and it's beautiful! I'm going to attempt it when I'm done with my afghan. My MIL showed my the cable stitch yesterday.