Thursday, March 26, 2009

delicious deliciousness

In Monday's meal plan blog post, I mentioned that I was making Michael Smith's Potato Bacon Cheese tart for J's birthday supper last night. And make it I did!

This is definitely not a recipe I'd make all the time. It took an hour to prep, which is pretty darn long in my books. I'm more of a quick-cook gal, generally. While making it, every surface in my kitchen got covered in bacon grease. My hands smelled like bacon well into the evening, despite numerous washings. But in spite of that, the resulting meal was well worth it.

The assembled tart before baking.

The tart with half of it eaten. Look at that crispy bacon!

A close-up of the cheesy, potato-y goodness.


It tasted even better than it looked, if that's at all possible. I think it would make an excellent addition to a breakfast/brunch menu, as it could be sliced into much thinner wedges than we had for supper, stretching how many it would feed.

And with that, get cooking everyone. You know you want to!


6 comments:

Wendy said...

Man, that looks so delicious! You are so evil!! lol

M said...

Oh, it tasted soooo good. Really. The bacon was so amazingly crispy!

My name is Andy. said...

Yummy! Do you have a recipe to share?

M said...

If you look at the meal plan post from Monday, the link to the recipe is there.

Jenn said...

Holy cardiac arrest! That looks delicious!

omaopa said...

Wish we were there for the leftovers!! It looks great! On the other hand - if it took you 1 hr to prep - I'd be there for 3!!!