Sunday, May 31, 2009

6 years. Really?

First off, thanks for everyone who sent out well wishes to Ru for her wisdom teeth extraction on Thursday. It really and truly went oh so much better than we expected. They took out all 4 teeth in under and hour, her pain was minimal, and she has little swelling and no bruising. I was all prepared to take awesome pictures and post them on the blog, but she honestly didn't look much different. I didn't want you, my dear readers, to be too disappointed. So thanks for all your positive thoughts. They sure seemed to work! Ru is also proclaiming her oral surgeon a genius, so let us know if you're looking for someone awesome to yank out your teeth.

Second, today is our 6th wedding anniversary. Oh my gosh. I know I say this every year, but I really do not know where the time has gone. It seems like this year more than ever, the time between the first of the year and now has gone by with lightening speed. We're been busy. Like with a toddler is pretty wild. Sometimes I don't really remember what it was like back when it was just the two of us. But looking at this picture, I'm thinking we were pretty darn happy. (Sorry for the poor quality - it's a scanned pic.)


Not that we're not happy now, of course. We're just older. And a whole lot tireder. And a bit heavier too. Oh, to be young and in love. ;)

I hope everyone has a very happy first day of June tomorrow. Craziness, I tell you. Come on summer. Bring back some of our youthful vigour and zest!

4 comments:

mamamilkers said...

Aw, look how beautiful you both are! Congrats!!!!

omaopa said...

Hey - you both looked beautiful!! And you still do - we just don't see you every day in gowns and pearls with great flowers. If you want to compare, you should post that great picture of you both all sexed-up at J&J's wedding as a side-by-side. I'm telling you - you still got it!! And once again, happy anniversary!

kidletsmum said...

Much love to you gals! Many congratulations!

Julia said...

So I'm a bit late on this one, but congratulations!